Reflections Art Project - EXTENDED DATE - now due 1/19/2022
Time & Location
About the event
The PTA Invites all Lead students to participate in the National PTA Reflections Art Program. The Reflections program helps students explore their own thoughts, feelings and ideas, develop artistic literacy, increase confidence and find a love for learning that will help them become more successful in school and in life.
The 2021–2022 Reflections theme is I Will Change the World By…
Lead Students can submit their own unique interpretation in one of the following categories:
- Literature (Examples: poem, reflective essay, or short story. Limit 2000 words; can be written in any language)
- Visual Arts (Examples: painting, drawing, sculpture, collage)
Students participate in the appropriate division for their grade:
- Primary (Pre-K - Grade 2),
- Intermediate (Grades 3-5),
- Special Artist (All grades welcome). Students who identify as having a disability and may receive services under IDEA or ADA: Section 504 may enter in the Special Artist Division or grade division most closely aligned to their functional abilities.*
How do I participate?
- Complete an entry form; parent signature required
- Review the guidelines for the particular category that you wish to participate in
- Submit your art project or writing to your teacher no later than Wednesday 1/19/2022.
Students will be recognized and awards will be given to participating students. Projects will be reviewed by community judges. The winning projects will be used as inspiration for spirit wear T-shirts to be developed in the spring.